Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Friday, November 13, 2009

November 13

I am thankful for stinky laundry. Josh and I went in different directions yesterday. Josh and Levi went to Jasper. Houston and I had Karate and Wal-Mart to do in Fayette. Josh and Levi had gotten back a little earlier than we did and had "stripped down" in the laundry room. I ask them to try to undress in the laundry room and go to their rooms to put on pjs, etc. Saves me a little time and a lot of huffing and puffing up the stairs. Anyway, Houston soon followed with his stripping while I unloaded Wal-Mart stuff. When I opened the laundry room door, I could've almost swore a cloud of fungus and sweat came floating out! It was awful!! Sweaty school socks and shoes, sweaty work uniform and boots and sweaty Karate suit and Under Armor, makes for some stinky laundry. However, after the big gasp and "Oh my gosh!", I suddenly smiled and thought how thankful I was~ for odors and all.

I had just seen a crippled precious little boy about the age of my Levi at Wal-Mart. It absolutely broke my heart. However, his spirit wasn't broken for upon his face was the biggest most precious smile and "Hey!". Houston still at the "Staring Stage" couldn't take his eyes off him. Which gave me the chance to remind Houston how thankful we should be to be able to run and play and do Karate with no "Specialness" or pain. Then the stinky laundry reminded me how thankful I should be that ALL of us are healthy and able to do absolutely all the sweaty activities our little hearts desire. Stinky Laundry~And for that I am thankful.

0 comments: