Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Not only are we all crazy about the holidays around here but this time of year means "Hunting Season!" As you know, I live in a house full of men. Camo, hunters orange and the dirt scent body wash and "cologne" are their wardrobe for now. They love hunting, me not so much, but we all love time at "The Shak". Drive up and you see smoke clouding the sky around a curve or two and you smell it! YUMMO!! There's nothing like the grub my Grandaddy cooks up at "The Shak". We had our first meal Monday and it was just us. I had other plans but when my Grandaddy asked Sunday if we wanted to cook Monday all plans changed immediately. It gives us time in the great outdoors. Something my boys don't get to experience like Josh and I did while growing up. Wondering through the woods, peeing outside and using leaves(ha), finding all kinds of critters. LOVE IT!! But most of all, treasured memories with my Grandaddy, one of my most favorite people in this whole wide world. A man of few words, but a smile and heart as big as the sky. He looks forward to this time every year. I hope he's around for many, many more seasons to come. Because after all, this is the most wonderful time of the year.



Levi with one of his many critters.
You think he liked the ribs?
Behind the cloud of smoke.
My Rugrats
Little Rugrats with Grandaddy(aka Master Chef)

2 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

What's a girl gotta do to get a slab of ribs delivered??? :)

ChrisJean3 said...

I'M SOOOOO JEALOUS!! Looks like "big fun" was had by all!! Too bad I had to work...I know you would have invited me otherwise...hehehehe! Love you girl and hope you and your family have a fantastic Thanksgiving!