Have you ever just had a "Mommy Melt-Down"?! Oh my goodness, tonight I did. I had been pushed to the limit. They were not fighting or fussing, they just would not settle down!! I sent them to bed without even a drink or brushing their teeth!! Oh I can't believe I did that. They are now all snuggled up to each other and sleeping so sweet and innocent. I just want to go crawl in the bed with them! No water, no brushing, no vitamins, no bedtime story, no "what a good day this has been talk". I have never done this before and I hope it's the last. I can't go to bed for the guilt. Josh thinks I'm crazy. He thinks there was absolutely nothing wrong with sending them on to bed. It was 8:15, getting close to time, but not our usual bedtime ritual. Anyway, I guess I'm writing for some justification, if any. What do you think? Did I over react? Is this a normal melt-down?ha Have you ever had a melt-down? I have renewed the importance of my role as a Mommy, while having actual silence to think and I'm not gonna let myself be pushed to that limit again. I hope they're not warped now!ha Josh is such a man. "Honey, tomorrow will be a new day. They will have forgotten all about it." Now, why can't I think like that?!ha
**P.S. Please do not contact DHR!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
6 comments:
Lol no DHR Calls here. You know your babies are very lucky some children don't even know what getting tucked in and a bedtime story is, they are just told to go to bed. I don't think just one time is going to hurt them. Don't be so hard on yourself you have wonderful little men growing under your wings!! We all have little or sometimes big meltdowns at sometime or another, your not alone!!
Never heard of it. Mommy Melt-Down?? What's that?
Are you awake now? LOL
I think I've had too many to count! Seriously, though, you are allowed to have one every now and again. It's only natural and see how renewed you feel now. Your boys are so lucky to have you!
Ditto on Kim's post! Sweet Sara has always called it DCH&R. She would get the initials mixed up with the hospital and the people who take away the children!
We are human, (superhuman) and sometimes we just can not take any more.........
Love you girl!
I won't call DCH&R but I might have to call their dentist..(HaHa)
Girl, if you've had those boys for all these years and your just now having a "meltdown"...I think you must be a saint!!! ha! No, seriously, kids will try your patience, work on your nerves and break your heart. Your allowed to "vent"...if not, we would all be crazy!! Whitney used to say, "Momma, am I gettin' on your last nerve right now?" bahaha!! Love you girl!!
Oh Angie, there is nothing at all wrong with you. If anything I would be proud if this was my first melt-down. I can not count the number I have had. Heck, I am sure I have had a couple a day sometimes.
You are a fabulous mom and woman. Do not be upset. Learn from this. Your boys are not scarred.
Love you,
Girl, reading that makes ME feel guilty. I live my life, unfortunately, with melt-downs. Sending mine to their room actually "saves" them from my wrath at times! LOL! You are such a loving, kind Mom. Just be glad that God blessed you with a sweet spirit and lots of patience. I have to pray for mine daily. Praise the Lord, I made it through a day WITHOUT a melt down yesterday and it was BLESSED! Love you!
Post a Comment