Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Monday, November 24, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend......

It all began Friday morning. I dropped Levi off to school, finished packing and dropped Houston off at Nana's and we headed up to Nashville. I was so hesitant about leaving the boys, even though they were in the best of hands, but I'm so glad Josh convinced me to go. It was like old times....ahhhh. It truly was. Just time to focus on each other with no schedule or worries. OMG, I had forgotten how it was way back before the munchkins. We checked in and got ready for a CHRISTmas dinner and show in the hotel, which we truly enjoyed and just chilled out the rest of the evening. Slept in Sat AM and then went downtown and walked around in the chilly, windy 30 degree weather, which we most definitely could not have done with the boys. Grabbed lunch and just enjoyed all the shops and music. Later Sat afternoon we headed back to the room and got ready for The Rockettes. They were great! We truly enjoyed them last year and the show was pretty much the same. It was so much fun! We love the Gaylord b/c there is always food, shops and everything you need at your fingertips. We slept in again on Sun and had brunch and off to Opry Mills. We shopped and still made it back for church a little late but around 6:15PM. We had told the boys we would see them after church but we were so ready to see them, we just grabbed something to go for supper and headed home. They were so surprised to see us and their hugs and kisses were WONDERFUL!!! I had missed them so much but truly loved every minute away, if that's possible. Thanks Nana, Poppy, MeMaw and PePaw! Ya'll are lifesavers and we couldn't make it without ya'll! The boys had a great time with them but referred to them as "old" b/c they didn't play like we do. It was hilarious! I love my family life and stay so involved with the boys that I sometimes forget about my hubby. But I never want anyone else in this whole wide world. I love you with all my heart, honey. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

The Christmas Trees were spectacular!

So were all the Nativity Sets!



We had lunch at Hard Rock.

Please look over the photography, we tried to take pics with the bridge in the background.

LP Field-(who can complain if Brett Favre is the reason for your almost perfect season!)
Some pics in front of the pretty waterfalls and backgrounds.


The Rockettes at The Opry


1 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

I love the Gaylord at Christmas. The one out here in Grapevine (Dallas) is different, but the same in many ways. They do go all out for Christmas. Definitely a good way to kickoff the holiday season.