Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Sunday, November 2, 2008

HARVEST KING 2008

Levi and Mack were chosen as Ms.Henson's 1st Grade Rep. for 2008 Harvest King and Queen. I, of course, was so proud and excited. He, of course, could have cared less. So, the King and Queen are decided on who raises the most $. Yes, a lot of work, but I was determined this would be for a good cause(new playground equip.)so we would try our best. I made Red Velvet cakes and Pumpkin Rolls until I was sick of smelling them!(Red Velvet is my fav dessert, but not craving any at the moment.) Nana helped out with a couple and it was greatly appreciated! So, baking for 3 days and asking for donations from the family, we turned in our $ on Tuesday and awaited the verdict. The Harvest King and Queen were to be announced at our Fall Festival on Thursday night. Their were 31 representatives and 3 alternates were also chosen. WE DID IT!!! Harvest King and Queen 2008......Levi Cannon and Mackenzie Nelson! I was tickled to pieces and Levi could not get his crown off fast enough! He did love the trophy and goodie bag though. Mack had already visited the "Rockstar Makeover" booth, this is not her normal look(HA). And if you are wondering, yes, they are still boyfriend and girlfriend as of yesterday. But truly, they are the best of friends. According to Levi, he would have to "punch somebody" if they tried to tackle her while their playing football. That's right, she plays football with him. Now what little 6 year old boy would not like a little 6 year old like her, huh?!
Doesn't he just look "thrilled" to be King?!

How many more pics until I can play some more games?!

Eli and James came down for the fun!


0 comments: