Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Sunday, March 29, 2009

We are proud to announce......

The engagement of our son, Joshua Levi Cannon. Yep, you heard it first here. Levi and Mack are engaged. He cracks me up. He took a little quarter ring to Mack this week and told me when he got home, that they were engaged. He wants to "live in our basement, or a hotel or build a house on our land, or build a house on PePaw's land", but "he thinks he will wait until he turns "7". Good idea, son, more like "27". He said they have set the date for July 7. I thought this was so cute. They are so precious at this age. When they get something in their little minds, there is just about no way to convince them otherwise. I tried not to over react or anything, I just let him talk and tell me his dreams and plans. I have to say, to be so young, he has a pretty good head on his shoulders. I hope I live to see him married, see my grandchildren and even see my great grandchildren if the Lord allows. I'm not so sure about right now, but I'm sure down the road, he will make a wonderful husband and father, for he has a wonderful example, through his own Dad, to look up to. Sadly, I have to say, I thought I would always be his girlfriend, but I think he's just about outgrown that, and that definitely breaks my heart. But then I told him, if I couldn't be his girlfriend anymore, he would still ALWAYS be my baby and that would never change. He then said, "Yea, like in that book, "I Love You Forever". "Yes, son, like in that book." And then a big hug and kiss reassured me, he's not going anywhere, any time soon. But time is swiftly passing and I need to hold and love him EVERY chance I get.

1 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Oh when this news spreads....hearts will be breaking all over town. :)