Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping~Spring Break '09

We rolled in on Monday and unloaded. We were rookies in the game of camping, but we caught on pretty fast. The park had around 55 lots and most of the time, they were all occupied. The atmosphere was so relaxing and calm. The boys had so many trails and roads to ride on. The 3 neighboring playgrounds were right up their alley. Of course, every morning they were in the boat and ready to fish. The fishing was awful due to the high water from all the rain the past week. It didn't seem to dampen their spirits any. Direct quote from our 6yr. wise old owl-"Momma, you know it's not all about the fishing, how many we catch or how big. It's all about just being together and relaxing and making every day count." He never seems to amaze me, he's such a wise young soul. And then he concluded with, "and making......what do they call that Nana?" Nana replies,"memories?". "Yea, making memories, that's what matters." I just love his innocent, sincere little heart.

"Home Sweet Home" for the week.


Pop and the boys unloading the boat to dock by our lot.

Levi and his crappie. He LOVES to fish.

Houston and his precious smile.



After fishing, we would just enjoy the outdoors. Lots of walking for me, I didn't have a bike. But I enjoyed every step. The weather was beautiful, the air so clean and God's beauty all around, not too much complain about, huh? We cooked 3 nights and ate out 2 nights, and cooked a big breakfast on Saturday. Demop was about 3 mins. away. Foscue was out enough but close enough to everything you might need.

They LOVED getting to ride their bikes "on the road".


Jason, Kelly and the boys came down on Wed/Thursday. Levi and Houston wanted to take a "Goofy picture".

Enjoying "Spaghetti Night".


Cooking breakfast Saturday morning.



All our neighbors were so friendly and hospitable. We got all kinds of "Camping for Dummies" advice and even met some people that were kin to Stephen. They were such precious people. We met some more folks and had a campfire and sang and played guitars one night. I would go back in a heartbeat. Of course, the next time the weather could be rainy or 90, so I may be singing a different tune by then.

Singing around the campfire.

New family members. The Sadberry Family, they were absolutely precious.

Oh yes, we had to do a "Goofy Pic"too. Have you ever seen such a lovely family? I thought this was so funny.

Please pardon my "no make-up self". I did bathe and brush my teeth everyday, but that's as fixed up as I got. I loved it!



We did take Thursday to meet Adam, Christy and the boys at The Zoo. We had the best time. The boys oohed and aahed all day. We then went to The Cheesecake Factory for "lupper" and OMG it was delicious! The boys are growing too fast and the best of friends. I believe with all my heart, the love of God is so evident in their lives. He's amazing! The animals, the beautiful nature and the love of my family that we were able to enjoy everyday was wonderful. Don't tell me there's not a God and we just evolved. In the words of my late Grandfather, "that's a bunch of bologna!"
One of Levi's favorite animals.
One of Houston's favorite animals. He was so cute. When we got to the exit, I said, "We're almost here boys." Houston then said, "Daddy, just look for the giraffe's head sticking up out of the trees, then you'll know that's where the zoo is!" He was so serious too. I had to laugh and he didn't like it. He gets embarrassed so easy.
The choo-choo.
Isn't he pretty?
They were looking at the turtles.
OK, I'll take the pic, you can touch.
Now, if you really enjoy yourself and you're "just a rough and tough little boy" you are bound to climb one too many trees and run into some poison oak. Yep, my "rough and tough" little Levi brought home a real souvenir from the trip.....poison oak and bruises and scrapes. Houston also, minus the poison oak. I took Levi to the ER this morning b/c he had a huge scratch across his leg from a bike wreck and poison oak had infected the scrape, it looked awful to me. Of course, I "over react" but the Dr. did give him an anti-biotic and steroid cream. You would never know anything is wrong with him, though. He's been, you guessed it, outside all afternoon. He cracked me up on the way to the Dr. He had a sucker and it got stuck to his teeth.
L: "Momma, my sucker is stuck in my steak teeth."
M: "Your what teeth?"
L: "My steak teeth." pointing to his molars.
M: "Those are your molars, son."
L: "Well, they just need to call them steak teeth, cause these are the ones that help me chew my steak up good."
He's so funny.


Hope all of you enjoyed your Spring Break and are refreshed to take on the upcoming week. And just remember even the next breath we take is because of his love and mercy for us all. So, in the words of Levi, "let's make EVERY day count!"




6 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Levi, you are so right about "just being together and making memories"! I just love what he said! And, Angie, about the make-up-----you certainly didn't need it! You looked terrific!

Anonymous said...

Precious memories, how sweet they are!

KK said...

I'm so glad y'all had a good time! But I did miss y'all while y'all were away!

KK

kimberly t. bowling said...

Ang...the no make-up you is gorgeous. So glad y'all had a great time just being together.....some of the best moments of life are the simplest in form.

Anonymous said...

First of all, you are absolutely gorgeous with or without makeup!! Don't forget that! Secondly, looks like one more fun memory making trip!!

Love that sweet boy. Sounds like he knows how to enjoy life. What a sweet spirit!!

Tell him Mrs. Lana misses him!! and I enjoy reading about him on the BLOG!!

Courtney Long said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm "almost" inspired to go camping one day myself!! :)