Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails



Sunday, June 15, 2008

FATHER'S DAY FUN

We enjoyed our day with you! The boys had so much fun playing golf and I even enjoyed the little lesson you tried to give me. Lord knows, I'm not "golf inclined"! We had a little US OPEN in Alta Pines HA!, in the pines was where Josh had to look for my golf balls HA!! But, we did have a great lunch and afternoon with you. We love you to the moon and back!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, JOSH!! I'm so thankful that our boys have an example like you. I couldn't ask for a more dedicated, godly, caring man for them to pattern their life after. You're the BEST!!
I thought this morning about how we rush around and try to find the perfect gifts, cards and make the day so special. That's great and I believe that is one way that we can "honour our father" as commanded. But, I was convicted about how much time and priority I give to My Heavenly Father. Do I get all excited about serving him? Do I try to give him the most perfect gift he would like? That would be to love and serve him with ALL my heart, ALL my mind, and ALL my strength. I know that I will never be perfect but I also know he wants me to strive to be more like him everyday. I would never want my Daddy to be ashamed of me and most of all I never want My Heavenly Father to be ashamed to call me his child. Lord help me to remember that everyday is a gift from you and that I should be thankful for a listening, always present father that keeps me in the palm of his hand.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY DADDY, POPPY and GRANDADDY!!
You are living and leaving behind a GODLY Heritage! What better "thing" to leave behind to your family! THANKS for all you have ever done for our family! WE LOVE YOU!!

0 comments: